Age management is a new competence for managers and supervisors in all companies and work organizations, where the demographic change is influencing. Also in private and public sector organizations are forced to adjust their functions for all generations. The most urgent need of age management is in companies where heavy physical and/or mental load is present.
The partnership of this project has come together with the aim to help tackle this issue and help employers and educators understand the processes of age management. During the next 24 months we will be working on two outputs that will improve accessability to examples of a good practice and share them among the networks of stakeholders: the online tool for sharing the best practice and recommendation for the employers and policymakers.
The creation of the outputs will be completmented by 3 study visits: to Finland, Italy and Austria. We will visit the places where age management works and talk to those who managed to make it happen.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The main objective of the project is to help the process of adaptation to the rising requirements of the labor market by providing the quality guidance tool for companies (age management advisors or in-company trainers) and VET providers (teachers and trainers).
The main project objective will be fulfilled by the following partial objectives:
– to create a professional network in the problem area and contribute to it;
– to create and provide a high quality age management guidance tool in the two distinct intellectual outputs sections;
– to involve age management trainers (teachers/trainers from VET providers) into the training activities;
– to spread the results of the project within the professional networks of the partners.
SHORT-TERM STAFF TRAINING
The main objective of the training is to provide a synergistic environment for learning by doing. The participants will take part in two different kinds of activities that will complement each other, providing an optimal conditions for learning the particular methodological approach: visits to the companies and thematic workshops.
The aim of the visits will be:
– to see the functioning age management system in real life;
– to have opportunity to consult the particular age management features with the professional on site;
– to learn about the conditions that have been considered in the particular case study;
– to collect the information relevant for the process of creation of the intellectual outputs of the project.
The aim of these workshop will be:
– to train the selected skills and competencies related to the particular case study;
– to elaborate the methodology that could be used to solve the problem under the simulated conditions;
– to learn by doing;
– to find out all the questions an age management advisor might stumble upon during his work;
– to provide the recommendations usable by the guidelines users.
We plan to design and create two distinct intellectual outputs in this project:
COLLECTION OF GOOD PRACTICE EXAMPLES
The examples will come from the companies in all partner countries where the age management has been implemented and where it is functioning with the visible benefits for the company and community. We plan to collect 25+ examples that will be divided according to their origin, area of impact, target age considered etc. Each example will be described according to the scheme (unified for all examples) with focus on reflecting those problem areas that will be required by the end users the most (this information will come from the survey among the end users).
Do you know about examples within your professional network that are worth sharing? Please, read more here!
RECOMMENDATION ON AGE MANAGEMENT IMPLEMENTATION
As each example of good practice will bring a genuine set of conditions under which the company had to take decisions, the example itself will represent a unique learning material for the potential end user, which will be either the age management advisor right in the company management system or a trainer (in-company trainer working with the employees or the VET teachers/trainers working with the students and learners in the educational courses they will provide). As such the recommendation will provide the insight into the decision making and problem solving processes of the real companies.
Project outputs will be available as an open source in December 2020.